Most of us take our joints for granted, all 230 of them. We don't notice how smoothly they work, allowing us to run, walk, dance, paint-until they're damaged or injured, and our movement is suddenly inhibited.
As we grow older, synovial fluid (the fluid that provides lubrication between our joints and connective tissues) begins to break down, losing its bulkiness and leaking from the joints. This creates friction between the joint and connective tissue, causing pain or discomfort.
It's important to start attending to your joints' health now, so that you can enjoy them far into the future. Years of wear and tear, stress, and injuries all damage and weaken our joints, but you can help your body restore and maintain with supplementation. You might be surprised to see what options you have:
- Almost 50 percent of patients undergoing orthopedic surgery have vitamin D deficiency that should be corrected before surgery to improve patient outcomes, according to a study by researchers at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York City
- Omega- 3 fatty acids ALA, EPA and DHA, omega- 6 fatty acids LA and GLA , and omega- 9 OA supports muscle lipids, healthy skin and veins, and reducing issues associated with joint discomfort and mobility
- EPA from fish oil is a precursor for PGE3 and GLA from borage oil is a precursor to PGE1, two powerful anti-inflammatory prostaglandin hormones that have been shown to support healthy inflammatory response.
- Magnesium citrate and calcium lactate in a 2:1 ratio along with B6, are a synergistic blend of enzymatically active ingredients needed for proper muscle contraction, repairing damaged nerves and support for muscle relaxation.
Your quality of life is heavily impacted by your ability to move. Learn more about what you can do for your body, or take a look the products that we start with when putting together protocols for joint support.
Our joint health supplements:
- BioMed PhysiologicRx: UltraSorb D3
- BioMed PhysiologicRx: CurcuActin
- BioMed PhysiologicRx: MuscleRLX Essentials
- BioMed PhysiologicRx: Bio-OmegaEFA
- BioMed PhysiologicRx: Bio-Omega600 USP